You can see my Google Scholar page here, and a complete CV can be found here.
- Lansdell B, Prakash P, Kording K, “Solving the credit assignment problem through learning to learn” (submitted)
- Lansdell B, Kording K, “Spiking allows neurons to estimate their causal effect”, (submitted biorXiv)
- Lansdell B, Milovanovic I, Mellema C, Fairhall A, Fetz E, Moritz C, “Reconfiguring motor circuits for a joint manual and BCI task”, under revision (arXiv)
- Farhoodi R, Lansdell B, Kording K, “Quantifying how staining methods bias measurements of neuron morphologies”, under revision Frontiers in Neuroinformatics
- Lansdell B, Kording K, “Towards learning-to-learn”, accepted Current Opinion in Behavioral Sciences
- Pang R, Lansdell B, Fairhall A, “Dimensionality Reduction in Neuroscience”, Current Biology 2016, 26: R1-R5
- Aljadeff J, Lansdell B, Fairhall A, Kleinfeld D, “Analysis of Neuronal Spike Trains, Deconstructed”, Neuron 2016, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neuron.2016.05.039 (pdf) (F1000 Prime recommended article)
- Lansdell B, Ford K, Jutz JN, “A reaction-diffusion model of cholinergic retinal waves”, PLoS Computational Biology 2014 (pdf)
- Garsed DW, Marshall OJ, Corbin VDA, Hsu A, Stefano LD, Schroder J, Li J, Feng Z, Kim BW, Kowarsky M, Lansdell B, Brookwell R, Myklebost O, Meza-Zepeda L, Holloway AJ, Pedeutour F, Choo KH, Damore MA, Deans AJ, Papenfuss AT, Thomas DM, “The Architecture and Evolution of Cancer Neochromosomes”, Cancer Cell 2014 (pdf) (ABC news report)
- Renfree MB, Papenfuss AT, Deakin JE, Lindsay J, Heider T, Belov K, Rens W, Waters PD, Pharo EA, Shaw G, Wong ES, Lefèvre CM, Nicholas KR, Kuroki Y, Wakeﬁeld MJ, Zenger R, Wang C, Ferguson-Smith M, Nicholas FW, Hickford D, Yu H, Short KR, Siddle HV, Frankenberg SR, Chew KY, Menzies BR, Stringer JM, Suzuki S, Hore TA, Delbridge ML, Mohammadi A, Schneider NY, Hu Y, O’Hara W, Al Nadaf S, Wu C, Feng ZP, Cocks BG, Wang J, Flicek P, Searle SM, Fairley S, Beal K, Herrero J, Carone DM, Suzuki Y, Sugano S, Toyoda A, Sakaki Y, Kondo S, Nishida Y, Tatsumoto S, Mandiou I, Hsu A, McColl KA, Lansdell B, Weinstock G, Kuczek E, McGrath A, Wilson P, Men A, Hazar-Rethinam M, Hall A, Davis J, Wood D, Williams S, Sundaravadanam Y, Muzny DM, Jhangiani SN, Lewis LR, Morgan MB, Okwuonu GO, Ruiz SJ, Santibanez J, Nazareth L, Cree A, Fowler G, Kovar CL, Dinh HH, Joshi V, Jing C, Lara F, Thornton R, Chen L, Deng J, Liu Y, Shen JY, Song XZ, Edson J, Troon C, Thomas D, Stephens A, Yapa L, Levchenko T, Gibbs RA, Cooper DW, Speed TP, Fujiyama A, Graves JA, O’Neill RJ, Pask AJ, Forrest SM, Worley KC, “Genome sequence of an Australian kangaroo, Macropus eugenii, provides insight into the evolution of mammalian reproduction and development.”, Genome Biology 2011, 12:R81. (pdf)
Select conference posters and proceedings
- Farhoodi R, Lansdell B, Kording K, “Quantifying the effect of staining methods on extracted neuron morphology”, CCN Meeting 2018, PA, USA.
- Lansdell B, Kording K, “Spiking allows neurons to estimate their causal effect”, Cosyne 2018, CO, USA.
- Lansdell B, Milovanovic I, Fairhall A, Fetz E, Moritz C, “Neural activity in a simultaneous BCI and manual task”, BCI Society Meeting 2016, CA, USA. doi:10.3217/978-3-85125-467-9-118
- Lansdell B, Kutz JN (September, 2013), “The spatio-temporal dynamics of spontaneous activity in the developing retina”, BMES 2013, Seattle, USA.
- Lansdell B, Kutz JN (September, 2013), “A computational model of Bcl-2 regulated apoptosis: bistability revisited”, BMES 2013, Seattle, USA. (pdf)
- Lansdell B, Kutz JN (July, 2013), “Cholinergic Retinal Waves and Self-Organized Criticality”, CNS 2013, Paris, France. (pdf)
- Lansdell B, Kutz JN, Ford K (Sept 10, 2012), “Modeling Retinal Waves in Starburst Amacrine Cells”, Neuroinformatics 2012, Munich, Germany. (pdf)
- Lansdell B, Papenfuss AT, Speed TP (Dec 8 2008), “Incorporating Tiling Array Expression Data into a Gene Predictor”, Genome Informatics Workshop 2008, Gold Coast, Australia. (abstract)
- Lansdell B (March 22, 2019), “Optmizing policies with thresholds in neuroscience and medicine”, AMS Sectional Meeting, University of Hawaii. (Invited)
- Lansdell B (August 21, 2018), “Causality and reinforcement learning: considerations for smarter agents”, Neuro+ML theory talk, MILA, University of Montreal, QC
- Lansdell B (June 5 2017), “Neural population dynamics in motor control and development”, Geffen Lab, University of Pennsylvania, PA (Invited)
- Lansdell B (May 30 2017), “Neural population dynamics in motor control and development”, Kording Lab, Northwestern University, Chicago (Invited)
- Lansdell B (January 23, 2017), “Unraveling principles of motor control: from nerve nets to neural prosthetics”, Neurotheory group talk, Columbia University, New York. (Invited)
- Lansdell B (January 24, 2017), “Unraveling principles of motor control: from nerve nets to neural prosthetics”, Special seminar, Janelia Research Campus, Ashburn VA. (Invited)
- Lansdell B (June 12, 2012), “Modeling Retinal Waves in Starburst Amacrine Cells”, SIAM Conference on Non-linear Waves and Coherent Structures, University of Washington, Seattle. Invited
- Lansdell B (February 11, 2012), “Modeling Retinal Waves in Starburst Amacrine Cells”, Frontiers in Biophysics, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver. Contributed
- Lansdell B, Understanding the Bcl-2 family through computational modelling, Masters thesis. Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Melbourne, 2012. (pdf)
- Lansdell B, Computational Gene Prediction using Generalised Hidden Markov Models and Tiling Arrays, Honours thesis. Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Melbourne, 2008. (pdf)